Thursday, May 2, 2013 | By: Nikhil Shirodkar

Farewell Blues...



I can’t believe that our farewell is here already,
Can’t believe that the college will be getting over at last,
I don’t know whether to laugh, cry or to be steady,
can't believe that time can fly away so fast...

But it seems just like yesterday,
That I had entered this campus like a scared little thing,
Afraid that i might be taken and maybe ragged right away,
And be made to dance around, or maybe even made to sing! ...

But in the beginning there were no worries n no tensions at all,
And scoring good marks and all were out of my page,
We were just happy to bunk and hang around in the canteen stall,
and this was long before those formulas were discovered to calculate our attendance percentage...

Now never before I had known how it felt when your friends had to go away,
I had never known how it feels to be in love,
And how bad it feels when you have your first heartbreak,
But I am glad for all these memories I have had till now...


If i say honestly then guys i wont be missing the college at all,
i was always too lazy to get up and travel anyways,
but its d fun that we have had and all my friends that i'l miss,
And in my life these will surely b the most memorable days...


My time around here has always been really special,
But sometimes life never seemed to be at all fair,
but the pranks that we played on each other and all those jokes have always kept me going,
specially those jokes on peter's blue-tooth and jolova's hair...


So this poem is dedicated to all those present here,
All those who have spent past 4 years in this college and specially those who have spent even more,
I am sure, all the time we have spent here will always be dear,
So guys lets enjoy this 1 more day like we have never before...   

0 comments:

Post a Comment