Sunday, September 5, 2010 | By: Nikhil Shirodkar

A Journey...From Nowhere To Somewhere....


Well this one will always be very special to me...it's d first one i ever wrote...it's was like d 'vent' needed by my brain was given to it...n the thoughts came out like the gas escaping from a pressurized cylinder...

It was an endless ocean,
The nite ws dark and d moon ws high,
I ws in my creaky lil' boat,
But i could'nt see anyone whom i knew nearby...

I was doomed 2 cros dis,
until i find sumting in my way,
I hd enough 2 eat,
Bt could'nt remembr how i ended up so much away...

Sumtin had happnd,
Sumtin not new,
I had 2 pay a price,
But d way whch i nevr knew...

I stressed my brain,
den remembrd i was in a big ship,
With so much peopl,
With so much fun n frolic...

I den remembrd,
I used 2 b nice 2 all,
I used 2 enjoy my time,
I was stupid thinkin that it wont end at all...

Amongst so many peopl,
Der was sum1 fr whose attention i alwys crave,
Spendin so much tym wid her,
Tryin 2 hold my nervs n b brav...

Whn i ws confident enuf,
I wantd 2 ask her out,
But i ws so much afraid,
Der was so much doubt...

But it nevr meant 2 b,
D answr ws alwys no,
Without askin her,
I sumhw came 2 know...

But der usd 2 b so much goin on,
Just 2 occupy my mind wid odr things,
Der were so many ships around us,
So many people 2 meet...

I had so many mates,
sailining odr ships around,
V usd 2 meet talk n laugh al d tym,
N new happiness ws found...

But d people frm my own ship,
I cherisd d most,
I thot in dm i hd found frns fr lyf,
Bt whch ws nt true ofcourse...

Der used 2 b a terribl storm,
Whch used 2 cum twice evry year,
V usd 2 b preparing fr it al d tym,
Workin hard 2 prevent wht v fear...

Evn i ws preparin,
Bt dis tym i ws les frightened,
Cuz i cud get al help i needed frm odrs,
I thot our bonds were more tightened...

I had 2 prepare more then d others,
For i had more 2 fear,
I tried 2 do my best,
Bt sensd my end ws near...

but i had confidence to face it now,
n my shipmates were so dear to me,
our bonds should last forevr,
bt alas i never knew dey din think lik me...

and on came d mighty storm,
stronger den ever before,
it's might ws more den evr,
n my hands were so much sore...

it ws too much for me,
d storm ws lasting so long,
i knew i had to leave 'my' ship,
to which i thought i never belonged...

i suddenly came back to reality,
d flashbacks were al gone,
i knew i had to reach sumwhr far far away,
but i had to travel al alone...

I lukd back at my ship,
Fr my boat ws too weak to last,
It needed sum support,
Bt i din knw whom 2 ask...

I waved at my shipmates,
For i thot they had cared,
I thot dey knew wht ws most needed by me,
but With no hope i stared...

I lukd at d odr side of d horizon,
Wher no ships nutin cud be seen,
I knew i hd 2 trevel al alone,
n this is how it mus hav been...

I tuk out my oars,
N rowed away frm al,
I ws sad angry n frightened al at d same time,
Bt i wont giv up not at al...

I woke up wid a start,
Bt i ws oly in my cozy bed,
It ws oly a dream i thot,
Bt din know where it led...

D dream was so far away from d reality,
There were no skies dark no oceans blue,
I knew i was d luckiest of all to have 400+ friends in my list,
Or was it so true....???

well it's only a poem i guess...but whatever it is it will always remain close to my heart....

3 comments:

Kitty said...

WOW ! brilliant ! :)

Aakriti said...

great piece of work!!! really brilliant

Nikhil Shirodkar said...

thanx for reading...:):):)

Post a Comment